Friday, June 6, 2014

Speech The Social Network

  Truly happiness vs success and ambition, by Mark Zuckerberg

 There are so many theories that try to explain how and why are we here, in Earth. Because we all have things in common, we are human beings and we share a planet.. The question is what do we want from life? What is our goal in life? Why do we grab life?
   Almost everyone wants to be happy, because happiness is what we want to achieve, that is why we always want to live. What is the point of living if we do not enjoy living, but sometimes it seems like it is very easy to confuse happiness with success. Think about it.
   Brainwashing is real, the system we are living in, the media, is money everything? All these things are forcing us to lose the direction, because we sacrifice a lot to get what we want, but we lose everything we can not get from success. 
   I made a huge mistake recently, I had a dream and I did not do it for money, I lost my north. I really thought this idea would make me feel fulfilled, but something was missing. I betrayed my only friend in order to turn my dreams into reality, he was the only person who walked beside me no matter what. I succeed with my project, but in this moment I feel like the most unhappy person in the world.
  Sometimes is money, or power, but is that what we live for? The main problems of this planet are due to ambition; power corrupts people and they start living to make money, leaving everything else aside.
   After the mistake I made, I really doubt I will be able to fill fulfilled, so I have been thinking a lot and environmental issues, social problems, famine, poverty; ambition is responsible for all of these global problems. As I said before, now a days people tend to lose direction and try to buy happiness so then consumerism appears. Buy and buy and buy to be "happy" while in other part of the world someone is dying because he has nothing. This massive amount of things people buy have to be produced, so capitalism appears.
   This massive amount of factories and industries are forcing the planet to die. People are seen like producing machines and this is not stopping until we open our eyes and realize what is really important in life. Family, friends, caring about people around you. In our last days we will ask ourselves, what have I done in my life?, Did I achieve happiness? Do not wait until then or until you make a huge mistake as I did to realize what is really important and what is not.
   There will be always ambition in this world, but you can make the difference, spread the word, spread ideas, do not fall in the system. You, have the tools to be powerful people in the future, use it wisely. Get only what you need to live, help each other as human beings and above all thing be happy.
    Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment